The community is always in need of prayer and looks for some leadership. Special times of the year and significant events and community and world tragedies are always times when people need to gather to support each other.
Suggest a prayer before meetings or a grace before a dinner celebrations.
- Organize a time for a parish group to gather to pray the Rosary weekly.
- Encourage teenagers to gather in prayer before events, or simply to pray for their needs.
- Attend and promote community participation in World Day of Prayer celebrations.
- Offer to lead the Rosary at local nursing homes.
- Vounteer to pray the Rosary at Veterans hospitals.
- Offer to lead a prayer service with families who have sons or daughters in the military.
- Offer to lead a prayer service for families in grief over a particular tragedy that may have occurred in your community. (Grant Us Peace book)
- Look for opportunities to pray with interfaith and ecumenical groups in your community.
share experiences of community prayer
contact us for assistance in planning a community prayer event.